Meet Baselamp – an effortless way to turn almost anything into a lamp.
After funding at a whopping $83,000 on Kickstarter, here's your chance to order a Baselamp of your own.
Whether it's your favorite bottle of whiskey, a glass incense burner, a vintage notebook, a flower-filled vase, a particularly imposing action figure, or even your amazing quadcopter (while you wait for the batteries to charge) – the uses for Baselamp are endless, and limited only by your imagination.
Baselamp was designed and refined over the past year and a half with a focus on versatility and ease of use – with an integral chip-on-board LED and a recessed touch-capacitive dimmer switch, we've created a lamp that is not only super bright (410 lumens!) but also doesn't create too much heat or any UV light (a particular concern for the aforementioned whiskey application).
The real beauty of Baselamp lies in the details. With countless prototypes and more redesigns than I can remember, we have truly refined every aspect. Here are some technical details, but feel free to message us with any questions and we'll do our best to promptly respond.
- a solid walnut or bamboo body CNC machined in NY
- total dimensions: 6.5" by 4" by 1" tall
- a natural linseed oil hand-applied finish
- a solid aluminum heatsink base extruded in New Hampshire
- a 4 watt chip-on-board LG LED providing 410 lumens at 80 CRI
- a Makrolon Lumen XT polycarbonate diffuser
- a touch-capacitive aluminum dimmer switch to easily adjust brightness
- a plug-in power adapter that will work on all voltages around the world